Mobdro is a premium IPTV channels application providing free access to worldwide free live TV. With a fully comprehensive library of satellite stations, including TV shows, movies, news broadcasts, sports networks and more, you’re sure to become a loyal fan.
Learn how to download Mobdro for Android on Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube in under 1 minute in this guide. Get free live channels—even PPV events and news broadcasts—to watch on Firestick or any Android device including smart TV sets.
As a bonus, we’ve added a guide to using Mobdro on Windows PC with BlueStacks Android emulator. You can use the same process to download Mobdro on other Android emulators including those on Linux and Mac computers. You can even stream Mobdro to a Chromecast from your computer, tablet, or phone.
July 2020 News: Users of Mobdro for Android and other popular streaming apps not connected through a private VPN tunnel have lately had their activities monitored and recorded by anti-piracy watchdog groups in cooperation with many government and law-enforcement agencies.
Anonymously Stream Free Live TV Channels Online
When using free streaming apps such as Mobdro APK, a securely encrypted VPN is highly recommended to hide your identity, location, and online activities. Many experienced free video streamers, including everyone here at My True Media, prefer Surfshark VPN for price, speed, and privacy.
Providing the fastest VPN server speeds available and helpful 24/7 live chat support, Surfshark VPN has easy to use apps, including a Fire TV Stick native app. We've also arranged a special discount exclusively for My True Media readers.
Right now, you can try the Surfshark VPN app free for 30 days. Get the fastest, most secure VPN available risk-free with their 30-day money back guarantee.
Why is VPN Important?
If unsure what a VPN is, how it works, or why you really should use one, save yourself a lot of trouble and read this article:
Steps to Install Mobdro on Firestick, Fire TV, & Cube
Mobdro is a third-party app that will need to be side-loaded onto your Firestick. This is because you won’t find it in the app store. Follow the simple steps below to acquire the latest version of Mobdro APK for free TV channels streaming 24/7.
Recommended reading: streaming IPTV service providers
Before Installing Mobdro APK or ANY Third-Party Firestick App
First, you must enable the use of unknown apps. Otherwise, the Firestick will not accept Mobdro. Here’s how to make the Amazon Firestick 4K, Fire TV Stick, and Fire Cube allow third-party APK files such as the latest Mobdro app version to be installed.
- From the Fire Stick main screen, select the “Settings” option in the top menu.
- Next, scroll to and open the “Device” item.
- Select “Developer options” from within the center list.
- If Apps from Unknown Sources is OFF, change it to ON.
- A warning message will appear, but don’t worry. Mobdro is a very safe, tried and true app when used through a VPN. Go ahead and click the “Turn On” button.
That was easy, but you still need an app that can download the latest APK verion of Mobdro from the web. Now that you have enabled the use of unknown app sources, you’re ready to download the Mobdro APK latest version onto your Firestick.
Install Downloader App to Download Mobdro
Firestick won’t download an APK file directly from a web browser. No worries, the Downloader app is our favorite tool for sideloading onto the Firestick. MTM considers this an essential app that should be the first app put on any new Firestick 4K, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube.
Downloader App is free to download from the Amazon App Store.
The search option is on the top left of the screen and appears to be a magnifying glass . Simply type in
downloader, click the Downloader App item in the resulting list below, and follow the onscreen instructions to install this essential utility app.
Once you have Downloader app, you can use it to easily download and install Mobdro APK on FireStick. The steps are pretty straightforward, so let’s get going. Live channels from all over the world await!
How to Install Mobdro APK on Firestick, Fire TV, & Fire TV Cube
- Launch Downloader app and you will see it opens with the default option.
- Select the “Home” tab on the main screen and go to the URL field. A virtual keyboard will appear on the screen.
- Enter the source URL
https://mytm.pw/mobdrowith the virtual keyboard.
- The Downloader app will automatically begin to install the APK file. It shouldn’t be long until you’re accessing free live IPTV channels.
- After the APK file is downloaded, follow the prompt and click “NEXT” in the bottom right.
- Now click on “Install” in the bottom right.
- Wait for your FireStick device to finish the Mobdro installation, which shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
Clean Up After Installing Mobdro on Firestick
- Once Mobdro is on the FireStick, you’ll see a message saying App Installed. While you could fire Mobdro up and begin watching free videos immediately, click “Done” and go back to the Downloader app interface. This gives you a chance to delete the Mobdro APK installation file before getting started. The APK file is not required after installation. Deleting it will clear up precious Firestick storage space… so you can download more working Firestick apps, of course!
- Click the Delete button to remove the APK file from your system.
- Upon the confirmation prompt, click Delete once more.
Congratulations! You put the Mobdro app on Firestick for free live TV with the Downloader app.
How to Find Mobdro Free Live Television Channels?
All applications on Firestick go to your “Apps & Channels” library. These won’t appear automatically on your home screen, but you can move this premium app to the Firestick home screen if you prefer.
After installation, access Mobdro on Firestick and move it onto the Firestick home-screen for quick access. Here’s how to get that done in three simple steps.
- On your FireStick remote, hold down the Home button until you see the shortcuts menu open. Click on the “Apps” shortcut.
- Using the navigation button on your remote, scroll down and select the Mobdro app icon. Mobdro should be last in the list at this point.
- Click on the Mobdro app icon to open it.
Move Mobdro to Firestick Home Screen for Easy Access
Press the hamburger button (☰) on the Firestick remote to access the options menu while you have the Mobdro app icon selected to begin moving it to the Firestick home screen. A pop-up menu will be displayed on the lower right corner of the TV screen.
You can click “Move to Front” to make the Mobdro app icon the first on the homepage.
If you’d rather move the Mobdro app icon to a specific spot, click “Move” within the pop-up menu instead. Then, drag the app icon using the navigation buttons on your Firestick remote control to the spot where you want it. Press the “Select” button on the Firestick remote to place the app icon where you want it.
It’s that easy! Now you’re ready to connect with your VPN, then kick back to enjoy all the great free video streaming categories the Mobdro app offers.
Upon review, the only notable challenge with this app is the design of its navigation. For the most part, the latest update to the Mobdro app is remote-friendly, with the exception of its IPTV channel listings. When viewing Mobdro IPTV categories, the user interface is designed to scroll horizontally as well as vertically on the screen.
Note this challenge can be overcome by entering your title into the search option. This shortcoming of the Mobdro APK is largely overshadowed by its features. Most notably, access to tons of IPTV channels, fast downloads, high-quality video, limited buffering and more make this an extremely awesome app.
Mobdro Live Streaming App FAQ
What is Mobdro?
Mobdro is an Android app for streaming live IPTV channels onto your Firestick, Fire TV, Cube, or any other Android device including smart TV. You won’t find it on Google Play, though.
More than that, this app is a tool that searches the Internet non-stop for available free live TV video streams. Even watching live sports on Mobdro is easy and safe when you connect through an encrypted VPN.
Many free IPTV streaming applications for Android have come and gone over the years due to the transient nature of most IPTV streams. Given time, most live TV channel streaming software titles get shut down due to allegations of piracy. This is due to the many streaming live TV shows being found without proper licensing for distribution. Mobdro has remained well supported by its developers and kept regularly updated to get rid of glitches and dead IPTV channels.
Does Mobdro work on Firestick?
Mobdro’s developers say that none of the live streaming IPTV channels found by their app originate from them. It simply aggregates feeds found available online for specific shows then presents them to its users. Mobdro checks your connection speed and hardware then tries to present you with streaming IPTV channels for your system’s capabilities to avoid buffering or poor quality streams.
Is Mobdro Legal?
Depending on the region you are watching from, the legality of live TV streams the Mobdro APK finds online is questionable. It seems possible that many of the free IPTV channels found by Mobdro are not properly licensed for distribution by links it finds freely available on the open Internet. Be aware that if you stream and watch an unlicensed broadcast accidentally, you will still be held legally responsible.
Can I use Mobdro on Kodi?
There is a Kodi addon for access to Mobdro live TV streams from within that very popular streaming video app. If you have time, find out how to download, install, and use Mobdro on Kodi in our Mobdro Kodi IPTV Addon for Live TV article.
Considered by many to be a great replacement or alternative to Kodi, we find having both provides a great mix of features. This lets you enjoy live TV streams along with all the on-demand movies and TV shows available with third-party Kodi addons. The Mobdro Kodi addon is a great IPTV companion to the Mobdro application on any Kodi Firestick.
Just Don’t Call it Modro or Modbro
Many people, especially native English speakers, find Mobdro a bit tricky to say at first due to the “BD” consonant cluster. Some accidentally pronounce it Modro or Modbro and then write it the same way. While I do love the Modbro variation (like… it’s modified, bro), saying it in certain company is bound to get you strange looks. Similarly, Modro seems to have a nice Mediterranean feel to it but turns out to get even more blank stares than Modbro.
Bonus: How To Install & Use Mobdro APK on Windows with BlueStacks
How do you install and use Mobdro for free live TV channels in BlueStacks Android emulator running on Windows? First, before performing the following steps below, make sure you have uninstalled any previous versions of Mobdro from BlueStacks.
It is a very simple process to get all the shows you want to watch in Windows with Mobdro in BlueStacks. Download Mobdro on BlueStacks to enjoy free live channels in Windows with the following steps.
- On the BlueStacks home screen, click on the “Search Apps” icon to start your BlueStacks Google Play Store search for the Mobdro APK installer.
- Enter “mobdro” into the search field, then click the Mobdro icon that appears to begin download and installation.
- Once the Mobdro download completes, just launch the app to enjoy some free streaming shows. Send the streams to your Chromecast if you want.
Related reading: Best Android Emulators for Windows and Mac
More Live TV Channel IPTV Resources
- List of Free and Paid IPTV Service Providers
- Fluxus List of Free IPTV M3U Playlists
- Kodi PVR IPTV Simple Client to Watch M3U Playlist Channels
- Free IPTV M3U Playlist Loader Kodi Addon
- Curated List of Kodi Live TV Addons
Enjoy Free Live TV Channels Online
After installing Mobdro on your Fire Stick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube, you’ll enjoy endless hours of live TV from all the popular satellite channels. With a wide range of cable network TV broadcasts from the US and UK, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for.
Just remember, a Modbro is only for kewl vapers and…
May your streams never run dry!